Strategy is about making choices under uncertainty. It answers the question, “Where Are We Going?”
Leaders clarify aspirations, think about where they are and could and should be, how fast and by what means to grow value and what capabilities and management systems they need to win.
How complete is your strategy? Is it evidence-based? What is your hammer and pivot? How well communicated is it? How responsive is it to emerging events?
Let’s find out.
Are You Confident That Your Strategy Is Powerful?
- Did you include diverse stakeholders to build and test your strategy?
- Are your stated core values truly authentic and not just aspirational?
- Are your strategic themes clear and consistent with your mission and vision?
- Does your strategy represent a portfolio of real options and not just roadmap?
- Does your strategy pass the ten tests of strategy fitness?
- Does your strategy deliver results for “people, planet and profit”?
- Do your management systems make decisions and allocate resources well?
- Do you have the governance capabilities to sustain disciplined execution?
- Does everyone in your company understand strategy and see how their function supports it?
- Do your structure, processes, and culture have the agility to pivot if needed?
Let Us Help With Strategy Formation
Strategy Formation Is Only One Of Four Key Elements